1. Each team is guaranteed to play a minimum of 3 games. Ties will be broken based on head-to-head play. If there is a 3-way tie that cannot be broken by head-to-head play, the tie will be broken by: a. Fewest cumulative points b. Largest cumulative point differential
2. The winner of a coin toss will receive possession of the ball to start.
3. Games will be played to 15 points or 15 minutes, whichever occurs first.
4. If there is no 3-point arc on your court, all baskets will be scored as 1 point. On courts that do have a 3- point arc, all baskets will be scored as 1 point inside the 3-point arc and 2 points from behind the 3-point arc.
5. Teams must win by 2 points only if the game doesn’t go the full 15 minutes. At the end of 15 minutes the team with the highest score will advance. If a game ends in a tie, the teams will continue to play until one team scores a basket.
6. There will be no free throws until the opposing team reaches team-foul limit (7 team fouls). On and after the 7th team foul, every foul will result in one free throw (worth 1 point). If the basket is made and the player gets fouled (on or after the 7th foul), the basket counts and the player receives 1 free throw. If a player is fouled while attempting a 3-pointer (and misses the shot), the player will receive 2 free throws (only on or after the 7th team foul). On a made 3-pointer, the player will receive 1 free throw.
7. All free throws are live on a miss (offense can go back up and score; defense must clear the ball).
8. The ball will change possession after all baskets.
9. Jump balls go to the defense.
10. The ball must be “taken back” on every change of possession. Failure to do so will result in the loss of possession and the loss of any point scored during that possession.
11. The defense players must check the ball before it is in play. Ball must be passed into play.
12. Dunking is legal, but offensive and defense goaltending is not permitted.
13. After all fouls, or when the ball goes out-of-bounds, the ball will be taken at the top of the key (check line).
14. Each team is allowed one 1-minute time out.
15. The top, sides, and bottom of the backboard are in bounds.
16. All decisions made by the referees are final!
Guidelines for Good Sportsmanship - Any fighting or unsportsmanlike conduct during or between games will result in the immediate elimination of any individual player involved. The Tournament supervisors will make final judgments and decisions in this regard.